Skip to main content

Week 4 photos

https://goo.gl/photos/u6mKoMCVV1KnL3xH7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week one seems like a pretty boring title relative to everything I have experienced this week. I mean why name it "Week 1" when it could be called, "my first solo encounter with a bear" or "that time I was charged by a turkey" or what about "that time I got lost while hiking on the MST" or "lets trade feet", all of these would be great titles, but I just couldn't choose, so here we are with Week 1. Before I go into detail of the "hypothetical/could be titles" (all of which are true), let me give you the stats of my hike. Currently, I am on Day 10 (taking a zero day in Asheville). I am averaging 17 mile days (that is with minimal hiking for 24 hours, due to being 'misplaced'. My shortest day has been 16.9 miles and my longest day has been 23 miles. I have completed Segments 1 and 2. Let me tell you a bit about both. Segment 1 is 68.9 miles of challenging terrain with well maintained, marked, and switchbacked trail

Week 4

This week has brought on a whole new slew of issues. Here I am, out of the mountains, thinking everything is going to be so easy. Wrong!  Just outside of hanging rock state park, I began my bicycling journey on the MST. This is something that wasnt originally planned, but happened to workout with the timing of Zack coming down. The thing is, I've never bicycled with weight and my bike is not set up as a touring bike. So, I hopped on the bike with my pack and was ready to go. Again, wrong! Where I started cycling was a tad bit hilly. Just a few pedals in, I was huffing and puffing and my legs felt like they couldn't push me or my bike any further. I had been less than 100 yards before I was feet on the tar, hands on the bars, walking my bike up this hill I'd never seen before.  I had walked over 500 miles, I am strong! I thought. I have lost 17 lbs, I am lighter I assumed. Biking was suppose to be easy! Instead, it made me feel weak and out of shape! At that moment, I co